When I started working with students who have learning disabilities back in 1990, the research on dyslexia was really starting to take off. Researchers had recently been able to pinpoint the sections of the brain that were involved through fMRI images and to refine their definition of dyslexia…
Working with math students at ALP involves a lot of exploration of numbers related to a student’s concrete understanding. For example…
Handwriting is a hot topic among educators at the moment. What with technological advancements, core curriculum requirements, the need to prepare students for standardized testing..
A friend recently sent me an article on a new font “designed to help dyslexics read” called Dyslexia. I love when my friends send me articles or ask me questions about dyslexia because it means I am spreading the word…
New research shows there is an anatomical difference between the brains of males and females diagnosed with dyslexia…
Recent Blog Posts
- Daily Treatment Makes A Difference
- Mental Imagery Can Be Developed
- Brain Scans Show How Language Is Processed
- Dyslexia Simulation Is Misleading
- Welcome to our new website!
- Recent research on dyslexia and other learning disabilities
- How The Brain Thinks About Numbers
- How Important Is Handwriting Instruction?
Kansas City, MO 64145
Applied Learning Processes is located in south Kansas City between Holmes and Wornall, about three miles south of I-435.